Terms and Conditions
This Agreement governs the rental of sports equipment by Transalla Ltd (owner of RENTAL REPUBLIC ski shops) to the Client through the internet. Should the Client wish to rent snow sports equipment through this Internet Site he shall, in order to become a Client, register by filling in a form and following the instructions online, providing his surname, name and address.
According to the law, the Client is granted a right to access and modify any registered information held regarding him.
The rental of the sports equipment, as summarized on the internet site, will only be validated if the Client clicks to agree to the conditions described herein under.
« Client » shall mean any person renting equipment and paying the cost of this rental through www.rentalrepublic.co.uk Internet Site. The Client can rent equipment for several people but will be held solely responsible for all equipment by Transalla Ltd
« Transalla Ltd » shall mean the company Transalla Ltd SA and the shop belonging to this company, meaning: RENTAL REPUBLIC ski shops.
Article 1 Rental Prices and Payment Conditions
- Rental Prices
- Rental prices will vary depending on the type of equipment rented by the Client.
- Transalla Ltd offers several categories of equipment that are described on the Internet Site together with the relevant prices.
- Transalla Ltd may modify these categories during the holiday season together with the applicable prices.
- Payment can be made only with a credit card (Visa, eurocard or Mastercard) which is recognized by the international network, PayPal.
- The Client gives mandate to pay the total rental price when he validates the rental by giving his credit card number and its expiration date.
- The Client will be sent an email confirming the rental. This email (and only this email), which includes a summary of the rental conditions, confirms and validates the transaction.
- Transalla Ltd reserves the right to cancel any rental should the Card Network refuse payment.
Article 2 Usage of rental equipment
- Should the Client not be able to pick up the equipment on the confirmed date of rental, he shall inform, in writing, Transalla Ltd SA as soon as possible.
- The rental equipment will only be handed over to the Client. The Client shall present photographic identification as well as the email confirmation at the time of rental.
- Transalla Ltd may store the details of the credit card used for the payment of the rental, in order to cover any loss or theft of the equipment and/or to cover cases in which the Client does not return the equipment, as defined in article 3. Transalla Ltd may also pre-authorise, at the time of payment, an amount equivalent to the total “insurance excess” of the rented equipment, such amount being debited from the credit card only in the case of loss or theft or unreturned equipment. This authorisation will lapse after a fixed period of time.
- The client is automatically insured against damage to the equipment but there is an excess payable if the equipment is lost or stolen. A police report will be required.
- The Client becomes fully responsible for the rental equipment as soon as it is issued to him.
- The Client alone shall be the sole judge of whether he is capable of using the rental equipment.
Article 3 Return of the rented equipment and Liability of the Client
- The equipment must be returned to the same shop/chalet where it was issued/delivered.
- The equipment must be returned at the end of the defined and confirmed rental period. Should the Client not return the equipment on this date, he will be invoiced for and shall pay all additional days of rental at the public prices shown in the shop. The day rate applies to any piece of equipment returned after 10am.
- Should the Client not be able to return the equipment for any reason whatsoever, he will be invoiced and shall pay Transalla Ltd’ any late fees, in addition to the excess and the rental fee already paid.
- All equipment is deemed issued in a good state of order and shall be returned in the same state. All equipment is numbered and branded and shall be returned with the same number and brand. Any excessive damage, deemed to be negligent, will imply payment by the Client of replacement or repair costs. The maximum limit of the replacement / repair cost will be the cost of replacing the ‘as new’ equipment. This cost will be in addition to the rental costs already paid.
- The Client hereby expressly agrees that Transalla Ltd may appropriate from his bank account any due amount in case of late or nonpayment of excess fees, by using the credit card number and expiration date given by the Client.
Article 4 Right to cancel the rental.
- The Client may, within 7 calendar days from the date of confirmation of the rental (date of the confirmation email), cancel the rental agreement by letter to Transalla Ltd SA with proof of delivery. If the end of this period falls on a Saturday or a Sunday it shall be automatically extended to the next working day.
- Any amount paid by the Client will be reimbursed within 30 days, and credited to the client by using the Client’s credit card number and expiry date.
- All terms and conditions still apply in cases of inability to ski due to illness or accident during the rental period. Only the equipment used by person subject to this inability may be returned and payment will be calculated up to the date of return. A medical certificate will be requested. Reimbursement will take place by using the Client’s credit card number.
- In case of the total closure of the skiable area, and only in this case, the Client will be reimbursed for the days he has been unable to use the rental equipment. A confirmation document from the ski lift company will be required. Reimbursement will take place by using the Client’s credit card number.
- This agreement is subject exclusively to English law.